Training Hours: 16
Days & Dates: Saturdays, 6/5 & 6/12
Time: 7AM – 3:30PM
Trainer: Jose Victoria
Location: InTech Center
Principles of Materials – Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals introduces the properties, elements, and types of ferrous and non-ferrous materials commonly employed in metal manufacturing. Covers the basics of the material manufacturing processes, the elements used to create materials, the main types of materials and their properties, and the common tests used to measure metal properties.
- Define ferrous metals, non-ferrous metals and aluminum and describe various types
- Describe the importance of various metals in manufacturing
- Identify, define and describe various properties of metals
- Describe how to test the properties of various types of metal
- Describe various common alloying elements used in metal production and their effects
- Describe the alloying, forming and casting processes
- Describe common treatment processes for shaping and tempering metals
- Describe how forming processes can affect a metals properties
- Describe various groups and grades of ferrous metals, carbon steel, alloy steel, tool steel, stainless steel, cast iron, aluminum and copper
Jose Victoria has more than 16 years of experience working in the mechanical trades, which includes time working as a maintenance technician for California Steel Industries. As a member of the local pipefitter’s union, he worked on various projects throughout Southern California. In addition to teaching part-time at the Chaffey College InTech Center, he is an instructor for the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. He has also taught at San Bernardino Valley College. He is licensed with the city of Los Angeles as a certified welder and is an American Welding Society certified inspector.
Register for this training by filling out the form below. We will reach out to you shortly to get further details. Thanks!