Training Hours: 8
Days & Dates: Saturday, 6/26
Time: 7AM – 3:30PM
Trainer: Jose Victoria
Location: InTech Center
Introduces chemical, compressed air, fuel oil, steam, and water systems. Explains how to identify piping systems according to color codes.
- Describe the function of a piping system and give an application
- Describe the functions of the basic components of a piping system
- Describe various types of conductors and give applications of each
- Describe the characteristics of various types of conductors
- Describe how various conductors are specified
- Describe the construction and function of metal hoses, rubber hoses, and hose fittings and give applications for each
- Describe the function and operation of various types of two-way and check valves and give applications of each
- Describe how two-way and check valves are specified
- Explain the effects of thermal expansion in piping systems
- Describe the color code system to identify pipe function
- Explain types and applications of pipe insulation
Jose Victoria has more than 16 years of experience working in the mechanical trades, which includes time working as a maintenance technician for California Steel Industries. As a member of the local pipefitter’s union, he worked on various projects throughout Southern California. In addition to teaching part-time at the Chaffey College InTech Center, he is an instructor for the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. He has also taught at San Bernardino Valley College. He is licensed with the city of Los Angeles as a certified welder and is an American Welding Society certified inspector.
Register for this training by filling out the form below. We will reach out to you shortly to get further details. Thanks!
Comments are closed.