Training Title: Advanced Excel
Dates: 4/7, 4/14
Time: 12:30pm – 4:30pm (8 hours total)
Trainer: Bill Napoli
Location: Online with Zoom
This 8-hour Workshop takes experienced Excel users to an even higher level of proficiency, providing insights and skills that enable students to handle Excel projects beyond the average Excel user’s capabilities. The Workshop is intended primarily for graduates of Bill Napoli’s 24-hour Basic-Intermediate Excel Class, but it also benefits anyone already well-versed in using Microsoft Excel.
- Sorting and filtering databases that contain pictures.
- Removing duplicate records when manual intervention is required to select items for deletion.
- Extracting data from a master database in one workbook to a worksheet in another workbook.
- Advanced techniques for working with ranges.
- Advanced filter techniques.
- Changing the order of the columns in a range.
- Quick Analysis shortcuts to everyday tasks.
- Using form controls to create attractive, easy-to-use data entry forms for end-users.
- Using the Text-to-Columns tool to cells containing split fixed width and delimited data into their components for easy sorting and filtering.
- Powerful methods for consolidating data from multiple worksheets into one worksheet.
- Using advanced data validation techniques to prevent invalid data entries.
- Using Formula Autocomplete to speed formula creation.
- Understanding complex formulas using Excel’s Formula Evaluate feature.
- Using the date function to offset days, months, and years.
- Understanding manual and automatic calculation settings.
- Using the Indirect function with intersection range names.
Students gain advanced insights into Excel, enabling them to tackle and complete projects well beyond most Excel users’ capabilities.
Every department needs a “go to” person to tackle and solve advanced spreadsheet design challenges. This Workshop gives students the skills to become those “go-to people.”
There are many ways to create a worksheet for a given purpose. Some are more elegant and efficient than others. Students acquire new skills and insights to design more powerful worksheets that best meet their needs.
This Workshop is presented by Bill Napoli using the Zoom Distance-learning format. Students receive a file from which to print a comprehensive, 95-page workbook that provides detailed explanations of the workshop projects and topics, together with an Excel workbook containing worksheets for all of the projects. The Workshop is 8 hours in length, presented in two 4-hour Zoom sessions.
Bill Napoli founded Computrax, Inc. In 1987, a company which specialized in computer training and custom software development. He served as CEO of that company until his retirement in 2008. Prior to founding Computrax, Bill was formerly Vice President of several computer services companies. During his long career, Bill has authored over 50 workbooks on various computer subjects, which he uses in conducting his computer workshops. He has published two science fiction novels and has personally developed over 25 custom software apps for corporate clients. He specializes in not-for-credit, customized training on a variety of computer apps, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and other Microsoft Office applications. Since 1987, Bill has trained for Chaffey College and Riverside City College. In addition, he has conducted computer workshops on behalf of the Community Services Departments of 16 other California Community Colleges. Bill has a B.A. degree from St. John’s University and has taken graduate courses at New York University.
Register for this training by filling out the form below. We will reach out to you shortly to get further details. Thanks!